I decided to upgrade my blog to the 1.3 version of Orchard last night.
Upgrading to a new version is laid out here: http://www.orchardproject.net/docs/Upgrading-a-site-to-a-new-version-of-Orchard.ashx and is, honestly, very easy. Make backup, install in new directory, copy over a couple important folders, and update modules from the website. And it just works. :)
Ok, well mostly.
I had been in the middle of a blog post (saved locally in Live Writer) when I decided to upgrade. When I returned to the post, finished, and tried to publish; Live Writer would error, with the following:
I was able to re-connect to the blog successfully, and re-download the theme, but it just would *not* publish either a post or a draft. With a bit of searching I was able to find the following (simple) advice on the Orchard forums: copy and paste the post into a “new” post, and you’ll be good to go.
Happy blogging. :)